Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Reflection on Week 2 Web Conference EDLD 5363

I was glad to have the opportunity to attend the November 23, web conference. I found the discussion both oral and written to be very helpful. The directions on the assignment were a bit of an overload for a novice such as myself.  I had questions that I needed answered in the web conference. These questions were answered.  I learned from the web conference that I only need to make an audio podcast that gives directions as to how to use a video editing tool. The asssignment had a great deal of information on adding pictures, music and video which left me unclear if I could actually omit that in my podcast. I felt great relief that it only needs to be an audio podcast. I also now know that I need to find two more partners for next week and the recommended method is to use the discussion board. That is my next focus as week 2 ends. I would like to start week 3 with a group of four already in place.

The creation of my podcast went really well. It was the first time that I used audacity and Windows Live Movie Maker. The fact that there were no pictures to add made it much easier than the week 1 assignment. However, it seems that audio directions for a video maker is not an effective way to give directions, at least not in my opinion. As I was learning Windows Movie Maker and Audacity I viewed many video tutorials and the best part was that they were visual and I could pause on them and still see what I needed to do. When it is just audio you can't pause and still "see" the directions. I learned after I completed my podcast that I could have had music in the background if I had put that into Audacity with my audio narration. I did not realize I could do that when I created the podcast.

No comments:

Post a Comment