Monday, November 14, 2011

Reflections on Week 1 Web Conference for 5363

Today I was completely overwhelmed as I read the assignment for the week. I knew that I have no experience making a movie on the software recommended. As a matter of fact the only thing similar is the Animoto I created in EDLD 5306. That was not nearly as detailed as this will be and I won't be able to use Animoto to create this presentation. So with heavy heart, I entered tonight's web conference  unsure of how to get a partner to work with and how to share information with my partner, and with no experience of using Windows Live Movie Maker. Dr. Abernathy answered my questions by explaining to us that we had to select our own partners by  using the discussion board or asking someone on the web conference chat section. I was delighted when Suzie asked if I would like to be her partner. That was my first sigh of relief. Next, Dr. Abernathey explained how to use Google docs to be able to share with our partners and to edit their work and offer comments. By the conclusion of the web conference some of my confidence returned and I am now looking forward to the process of creating a personal video story. I still have many questions, and I miss having a person sitting next to me working with me to create a video...but that is the new world we live in!

No comments:

Post a Comment